lunes, 10 de septiembre de 2018

Become

Little by little I strip myself naked from the pieces of past that confine me.
Every cell that dies within my body, every second, is replaced by a new cell, one without past,
One without memory.
Every hair that falls from my head, will be replaced,
Perhaps by a gray hair,
Perhaps wiser.
Every minute that passes,
My body is older, yet my cells are new.
I will pick the strands of who I was and thread them with the hopes of who I am becoming.
Because I WILL become.
As my feet touch the ground and the rain falls on my head,
I AM becoming.
I shine,
I am eternal.
Let me keep the core of who I was and keep becoming.
I WILL laugh, louder than I ever have.
I WILL dream every night of new colors.
I WILL speak with my eyes open and my arms stretched into the unknown.
I WILL  become.
I WILL love as if my soul wasn't broken.
I WILL feel the skin of hope.
I WILL wake up every day with the comfort of my ghosts.
I WILL fight for the impossible.
I WILL become.
I am not one to be stopped.

No hay comentarios:

“La Carta” de José Luis González

El cuento “La Carta” de José Luis González es posiblemente uno de los cuentos más conocidos la literatura puertorriqueña del siglo XX. Su ...